Disclaimer: this is an edited article taken from Kudosbay酷豆湾. For the original article
In order to prevent animal, plant diseases and pests from spreading into the country, and in order to protect the agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and fishery as well as public health and safety, the Ministry of Agriculture, and the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine have created a Catalogue of Animals and Plants Products that are prohibited from entering the People’s Republic of China.”
This applies to both importing and customs (if you bring it in by rail, sea, air, or land). As the source is in Chinese, we will provide you with a translation here.
Ⅰ. Animals and Animal Products:
(1) Live animals (with exception of cats and dogs), including all mammals, birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, insects and other invertebrates, and animal genetic materials;
(2) Meat and its derived products (bet it raw or cooked meat and including viscera), and aquatic animal products;
(3) Animal-derived milk and milk products (like raw milk, fresh milk, yoghurt, animal-derived cream, butter, cheese and other dairy products);
(4) Eggs and egg-derived products (like fresh egg, preserved egg, salted egg, liquid egg, eggshell, mayonnaise and other egg products);
(5) Edible bird’s nest (except canned ones);
(6) Animal-derived fat and grease, hides, hairs, hooves, bones and horns and their products;
(7) Animal-derived meals (including meat meal, bone meal, fish meal, whey powder, blood meal and other single feedstuff), animal-derived Chinese medicinal materials, and animal-derived fertilizer.
Ⅱ. Plants and Plant Products:
(8) Fresh fruits, vegetables;
(9) Tobacco leaves (except cut tobacco);
(10) Seeds, nursery stocks and other propagating plant materials;
(11) Organic cultivation media.
Ⅲ. Other Quarantine Objects:
(12) Biological materials such as bacterial and micro-organism strains, virus strains, animal/plant pathogens, pests, cells, organs, tissues, blood and blood-derived products;
(13) Animal carcasses, specimens and animal-derived waste;
(15) Genetically modified biomaterials;
(16) Other animals, plants and their derived products as well as other quarantine objects prohibited from entering China.
1. The animals and plants as well as their products and other quarantine objects carried or posted into the country, under the condition of being approved by the relevant national administrative departments and carrying the quarantine certificate issued by competent authorities of the exporting country or region, are not affected by the catalogue.
2. You are only allowed to carry on only one dog or one cat with animal quarantine certificate and vaccination certificate issued by competent authorities of the exporting country or region.
Source: Ikbal & Julian for Kudosbay酷豆湾
Want to share an opinion?
Leave a comment below!