The reason that another medical exam is required once applicants enter is for the residence permit application. The medical review done overseas was for the visa allowing the applicant to come for work or study.

🈴 🈴
Official Accounts:

We have also heard that submitting a medical form is required for some cities annually, but a full medical is not necessarily needed. It is also sometimes needed when changing cities, or employers, or if applicants have been in for a long time.

You must do the medical exam at a specific medical centre. You should check online or have a friend check regarding the details for this kind of medical centre in the city you are in for detailed information. Usually, there are just one of these centres per town or city. In some places, you need to make an appointment, and you should bring the confirmation number.

The below documents are a general rule of thumb, but specific cities’ medical centres may have other requirements.

1. Original passport

2. Copy of: Passport main page, Visa page, Latest entry stamp (if not on the adjoining page)

3. Four passport size photos

The medical centres usually only accept cash, and the medical exam costs vary. Some cities are as low as 350RMB, whereas others are as much as 1,200 RMB!

After verifying your documents, usually, the procedures are quite orderly requiring you to go from room to room to do the relevant medical tests and then submit your completed documents back at the receptionist. There is also staff that will guide you through the process. The team at the medical centre usually know a minimal amount of English.

If you are going to have your medical results mailed to you, you will have to pay a small fee for that as a separate service. Most centres do it at cost. You should have a mailing address in Mainland available in characters and a contact person’s phone number available if you will use this service.

Laws relating to medical care in

In accordance to the relevant provisions of the “Frontier Health Quarantine Law”(中华人民共和国国境卫生检疫法) and the “detailed rules for the implementation of the on entry and exit of aliens” (中华人民共和国外国人入境出境管理法实施细则) , the relevant provisions concerning health certificates to foreigners who have settled in or residing in for more than one year are stipulated as follows:

Annexe 1: Subjects requiring health certificates:

1. Aliens (including their family members) who apply for residence in China, or who have been in China for one year or more for employment or study

2. Foreigners who temporarily come to China with F, L visa, and other temporary requests to stay in China to change their status and settle down, employment, and study abroad in China. After approval by the competent authorities, they need to apply for residence permits to the public security organs

3. Other foreigners who are required to undergo health examination or re-examination as required

4. The following foreigners residing in China do not need to provide health certificates:

Personnel of embassies, consulates, offices in China and representatives of organizations of the United Nations system and their accompanying families;

Those who have obtained a residence permit before the promulgation of the Rules for the Implementation of the on the Entry and Exit of Aliens;

Aliens who have received a residence permit request an extension of their stay in China;

Children under the age of 16.

Annexe 2: Requirements for health examination and re-examination of foreigners, in addition to identifying plague, cholera, and yellow fever:

1. S.T.D.s, including soft chancre, gonorrhoea, sexually transmitted lymphogranuloma, infectious syphilis;

2. Contagious leprosy;

3. Active tuberculosis;

4. AIDS;

5. Mental illness.

For foreigners who are applying for a work visa (Z-visa), the visa authority shall require them to provide health certificates issued by the public hospitals in the host country.

If a private hospital issues the document, then the applicant may need to notarize the report by the notary office of the state in which they live.

The health certificate is valid for six months from the date of issuance.

If the healthcare department finds that a foreigner suffers from the diseases listed in Article 2 of this regulation, it shall immediately report to the Ministry of Health whether to deport the foreign subject.

If deportation needs to happen immediately, it shall be examined and approved by one of the followings:
– The public security department
– Bureau of the province, autonomous region, or municipality directly under the Central Government

The provisions of this article do not apply to foreigners who have settled in China (holding a green card).

Source: Kudosbay酷豆湾
🈴 🈴

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>