How To Apply For X Type Visa

X visa is issued to those who intend to study in China.

WeChat Official Account: ExpatRights

For X1 visa the study period is of more than 180 days; however, for X2 visa the study period is of no more than 180 days.
Visa applicants should be located in their home country and not in mainland China while the application is submitted.

Application Materials:

1. Passport
Original passport with at least one blank visa page and valid for at least 6 months.

2. Passport photocopy
One photocopy of data and photo pages of the passport.

3. Visa Application Form
One truthfully, correctly and completely filled Visa Application Form (Form V.2013).
Application form must be typed in black capital letters. Hand-written application forms are not accepted.

4. Photo
One recently-taken, color, passport photo against a light background.

5. Supporting documents
For X1 visa:
1) Original and photocopy of the Admission Notice issued by a school or other entities in China.
2) Original and photocopy of Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW201 or Form JW202).
For X2 visa:
Original and photocopy of the Admission Notice issued by a school or other entities in China.

6. Previous Chinese passport or Chinese visa
When applying for Chinese visa with a new passport, applicant who used to be of Chinese citizenship should submit the original and a copy of data page of the last Chinese passport, or a copy of previous Chinese visa on the previous foreign passport.
If the name on the current passport differs from that on the previous passport, an official document of name change should also be submitted.

Please Note:

● The applicant shall be responsible for the authenticity of submitted passports, application forms, photos and other documents, including copied documents.
Other supplementary materials should be provided or an interview should be accepted if demanded by consular officers.
Any false, misleading or incomplete information may result in denial of the visa or refusal of entry into China.

● Consular officers are authorized to decide whether to issue a visa and its validity, duration of stay and number of entries.

● Holders of X1 Visa shall apply for foreigners’ residence permits from the exit/entry administrations of local public security organs within 30 days from the date of entry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>