How to apply for Z Type Visa
Z visa is issued to those who intend to work in China.
Visa applicant should be located in their home country but not in mainland China while the application is submitted.
WeChat Official Account: ExpatRIghts
Original passport with at least one blank visa page and valid for at least 6 months.
2. Passport photocopy
One photocopy of data and photo pages of the passport.
3. Visa Application Form
One truthfully, correctly and completely filled Visa Application Form (Form V.2013).
Application form must be typed in black capital letters. Hand-written application forms are not accepted.
One recently-taken, color, passport photo against a light back ground.
5. Supporting documents
One of the following documents:
1) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People’s Republic of China issued by Chinese government authorities for Human Resources and Social Security; if your intended work period is 90 days or less, you need to provide an Approval of Short-Term Employment for Foreigners Working in P.R. China. You must apply for your visa before the commencing work date indicated on the Approval and you will be allowed to work only within the period of time indicated in the Approval.
2) Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts.
3) Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreigncountries (regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration.
4) An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs; if your intended performance period is 90 days or less, you need to provide an Approval of Short-Term Employment for Foreigners Working in P.R. China. You must apply for your visa before the commencing performance date indicated on the Approval and you will be allowed to perform only within the period of time indicated in the Approval.
6. Previous Chinese passport or Chinese visa
When applying for Chinese visa with a new passport, applicant who used to be of Chinese citizenship should submit the original and a copy of datapage of the last Chinese passport, or a copy of previous Chinese visa on the previous foreign passport.
If the name on the current passport differs from that on the previous passport, an official document of name change should also be submitted.
● The applicant shall be responsible for the authenticity of submitted passports, application forms, photos and other documents, including copied documents.
Other supplementary materials should be provided or an interview should be accepted if demanded by consular officers.
Any false, misleading or incomplete information may result in denial of the visa or refusal of entry into China.
● Consular officers are authorized to decide whether to issue a visa and its validity, duration of stay and number of entries.
● Holders of Z Visa shall apply for foreigners’ residence permits from the exit/entry administrations of local public security organs within 30 days from the date of entry.
※ This information issubject to change without notice.